The following message is from Ms. Massey. Please read for important information.
Greetings Superintendents, Principals, Curriculum Coordinators;
The Mississippi Department of Education is pleased to provide Mississippi high schools with Microsoft ITA Academy membership as well as Microsoft certification, giving students the opportunity to earn world-recognized certification. The program offers digital curriculum and certifications for fundamental technology skills to help students prepare for college and careers. With ITA, teachers can choose from various curriculum options allowing them the flexibility to teach in the style that fits best for their students.
Join Microsoft and Certiport for a one day in-person training for teachers to learn more about how ITA can be used in classrooms to improve student readiness for college and career. Designed specifically for ITA members that want to license and use ITA curriculum and resources in their academic and CTE classrooms for the 2015-2016 school year. If teachers are not available, other support staff is welcome to attend and bring this information back to their district and teachers.
Four regional one-day trainings will be offered across the state. Registration will be 8:30 AM to 9:00 AM and training from 9:00 AM to 3:30 PM. Participants will need to bring a charged laptop computer and will be provided lunch on site. Each site has limited seating capacity, so teachers need to register as soon as possible. Training will be offered at the following locations:
1. Tuesday, September 29, 2015 Rankin County School District, Brandon, MS
2. Wednesday, September 30, 2015 Rankin County School District, Bandon, MS
3. Thursday, October 1, 2015 Woodall Center, Hattiesburg, MS
4. Friday, October 2, 2015 Oxford Convention Center, Oxford, MS
To register for this opportunity, have your teachers go to Go Sign Me Up and follow the directions below.
GoSignMeUp Registration Instructions:
• Go to: http://gsmu.mde.k12.ms.us
• Login with user name and password. (If you are a new user, you must create an account.)
• Select the prompt “to sign up for a class click here.”
• Select the MDE Department(s) to locate the classes.
• Select the class name and correct date of the class you want to attend.
• Click on the Register button.
• Click on Enroll button to Finalize enrollment.
You will receive a confirmation immediately with information regarding the class.
Thank you for your attention to this matter. If you have any questions please let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org or 601-359-3461.
Office of Secondary Education
P.O. Box 771
Jackson, MS 39205