All I can say is that it has been an extremely busy week or so at work. I feel extremely behing with my writing. In fact several have contacted me asking where the next set of “finds” are.
With all of the work that I am putting into our new teacher evaluation modules, I have come across some interesting readings. When working with issues like classroom management to student assessment, my reading has become quite varied and off the technological bent for a bit.
Edutopia posted a great article on “What to Do When Students Lie.” It concerns social and emotional learning.
“Using Alternative Narratives in the US History Survey” is another great find. It does not tell you what or how to do something but gives food for thought.
Some of agricultural teachers and science teachers have been wanting some resource activities. Here are two great finds with easy to implement ideas.
Erosion: The Great Race
Math instructors might appreciate this link. I am not a math teacher, but I have been integrating math skills for years in my career tech classes. This would have been a great resource earlier in my career.
5 Good Mathematics Feeds for Teachers
Classroom instruction is changing. Needs of our learners are not the same as in years past. Technology provides an edge previously unavailable for instruction. Let’s harness it!
15 Lesson Plans For Making Students Better Online Researchers
6 Types of Blended Learning
50 Best Twitter Feeds To Follow Educational Gaming
An Introduction to Technology Integration
The use of Twitter in the classroom is growing. More districts are finding it an acceptable resource and tool for application in learning. Couple Twitter with the use of Cell.y, it is simply win-win.
If you have time and are interested, you are invited to check out a great Word Press blog at Craig’s Tech Blog. Here is the link for the posting referencing Twitter.
I will be back next week.
- Geoff Johnson: Project studies what makes a good teacher (timescolonist.com)
- Edutopia (fabulousfridayfind.wordpress.com)
- New Survey Findings Report on How Educational Technology is Being Used in Classroom (infodocket.com)
- Digital Learning Day Resources (wtuteacherslounge.org)
- Hendersonville Elementary students dive into math (blueridgenow.com)
- Teach This! Teaching with lesson plans and ideas that rock 01/29/2013 (coolcatteacher.blogspot.com)
- Tip of the Week: Black History Month Resources 2013 (historytech.wordpress.com)
- But How Do You Collaborate? (underhillschool.com)
- A Parent’s Guide to 21st-Century Learning | Edutopia (camarillocouncilpta.wordpress.com)