Good afternoon, Educators,
It has been reported to me that one of the sites that I sent to you earlier this week has been updated. As we are all aware, technology and web sites are constantly changing. Please check any links that are sent to you before you allow your students to view them. The link in question is the 12 Amazing Videos for Teachers. I apologize for any embarrassment you may have experienced.
Now, I thought I might pass along the Siemens We Can Change the World Challenge information to everyone. It seems like a wonderful opportunity for our students and educators across the state. Here is a portion of the email announcement that I received today.
Discovery Education and the Siemens Foundation invite you to turn project-based learning into a windfall for your students and your planet! Encourage your K-12 teachers to enter the Siemens We Can Change the World Challenge, the nation’s premier environmental sustainability competition, and your students will learn key skills while creating real solutions to environmental issues in your school, your community, and beyond!
Student teams compete for a chance to win more than $300,000 in prizes including scholarships, Discovery Adventure Trips, school assemblies, green prize packs and more!
You can go this website for more information. http://www.wecanchange.com/
Teachers, if you take time to explore this information, you will find lesson plans and other resources (including videos) for all grade levels (K-12).
Edutopia has released today an article with seven lesson plans and resources for the classroom that involves the Super Bowl. The idea behind this is to promote student engagement. Many of these looked very interesting.
Have a great afternoon!
- Edutopia (fabulousfridayfind.wordpress.com)
- Charlton County High teacher charged with having sex with 7 students (members.jacksonville.com)
- A Parent’s Guide to 21st-Century Learning | Edutopia (lmpta.wordpress.com)
- TE Connectivity Awarded the 2012 Siemens Supplier Award (prweb.com)
- SEA INSTALLER Completes Installation of Two Siemens Turbines at Gunfleet Sands (UK) (worldmaritimenews.com)
- A Parent’s Guide to 21st-Century Learning | Edutopia (camarillocouncilpta.wordpress.com)
- But How Do You Collaborate? (underhillschool.com)
- Bill Gates: Grade our teachers, help our students (cnn.com)