I hope everyone had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend. Having extra time to be with family and friends is always nice. However, you can work hard when playing and must return to work so that you can get a little rest.
I came across a couple of great sites over the last few days. Hopefully, they will be of use to many of you in a couple of months when you return to the classroom in the fall. No, I am not trying to rush it for anyone since you are just getting out for the summer. The wise are always looking and planning ahead though.
Here we go with some awesome resources.
- This site has videos and other information for the classroom across many subject areas. When I clicked into it, I immediately found information for interactive presentations with acids and bases as well as a digital media site for art. http://www.scoop.it/t/ictmagic/p/1849619522/cassiopeia-project
- You will find a 9-page pdf regarding formative assessment at this site. It will give suggestions for using too. http://wths-cff.wikispaces.com/file/view/Formative+Assessment+Tools.pdf
- For the students that are all the time asking how to create or participate in discussion boards in Blackboard as well as what makes a good post, see this link. This video demonstrates how to create and post threads. http://www.scoop.it/t/ictmagic/p/1849619522/cassiopeia-project
- Do you need documentation or ideas for presenting to administrators in your district in support of blogging and other technology uses for your classroom? Here is an article to help you get you started for preparing to discuss opening other avenues. http://mrwickenspe.wordpress.com/2012/04/13/blogging-in-the-classroom/
I will stop here for the moment. These should keep you busy for a little while reading and researching.
Important dates to remember follow:
- The IHL College Knowledge series for those in counseling begins June 4. All three classes start at the same time and run concurrently.
- Online PD Teachers as Leaders is scheduled to begin June 5.
- Online PD Character Education begins June 7.
- The July COOL Essentials class has limited space left if you need to enroll for certification. It begins July 9.
- MDE and MS ACTE is July 17 – 19. Follow this link for more information. http://www.rcu.msstate.edu/MDE/MSACTE.aspx
As always please let me know of any great resources that you find. I would love to share them with others in our state.
- Free Educational Apps for the Classroom (teachinglearningtoday.org)